Tuesday, May 8, 2012

tassel me this.

A trend I have been noticing recently is the dangly tassel earrings. 

Images taken from google, contact me if you want credit.

I had seen them here and there, but it wasn't until I walked past vintage store Shag that my eyes caught on a fluorescent yellow pair in the window. They were divine.

Of course, deciding that I would mull over the idea of adopting them, the next time I passed the store they were gone.

I hadn't really given the situation another thought, that was until I was in my local spotlight today searching for sequins when I can across the tassel section. 

I don't know what it is when I'm in spotlight, I always feel very calm, which is funny because you would think I would be in a state of anxiety knowing I was going to blow all of my money on craft things, but the point is a bright pink colour amongst the tassels caught my eye.

Giving the rack a second glance, the tassel earrings in the Shag window popped into my mind, and I knew what I was going to do. 





I grabbed two sets of tassels, a black pair with gold embellishment and a bright pink pair, and two various types of earring bases. 

I decided to go with large silver domes for the pink and simple gold studs for the black.

Pretty much all I did was lace the tassel strings through the hoops of the earring and hey presto!


Two sets of very glamourous earrings. And all for under $10!

 So tempted to rock the pink ones at uni tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment