Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The art of disfunction.


I recently watched the movie the movie "Factory Girl". 
Set in Manhattan in the 1960's (two of my favorite things, NYC and vintage!), the movie follows the "biographical" story of Edie Sedgwick, a young girl (played by Sienna Miller) who moves to NYC and quickly becomes swallowed up by the underground art scene, becoming Andy Warhol's "muse".

The movie itself if fantastic, but what is even better is the fashion, and yeah okay, Hayden Christensen too, swooooon.










I wanted more photos of specific outfits but the internets offers limited resources (Ha! who knew?!), so this is what I managed to come up with.

With winter closing in on us, the whole movie had me lusting after the fur (faux of course) trimmed coats, horizontal black and white tops, black tights, mod eye makeup and biiiiiiiig statement earrings, as well as Edie's all round fabulousness. 

The movie had me wondering how one does become the fabby fab fab that is Edie Sedgwick, as well as wondering how long it will be until a time machine is invented so I can go back to this underground Warhol art scene. Yes please. 




No comments:

Post a Comment